The Yamagata University Medical Library is the only medical science library in Yamagata Prefecture. The library houses an abundance of materials related to medical science, as well as nursing science. Please feel free to use this facility in accordance with the following rules and procedures.
Address & Phones
Yamagata University Medical Library
- 2-2-2, Iida-nishi, Yamagata City, Yamagata 990-9585 Japan
- Service desk: 023-628-5054
- Fax: 023-628-5059
- E-mail: email@example.com
|Monday to Friday||Semester||８：４５
|Saturday, Sunday & National holidays||Semester||１０：００
How to Use
- All students, faculty members, and staff at this university.
- Other people who live or work or study in Yamagata.
- Library card
- If you are student at this university, your sutdent ID card is your library card.
- When you need a library card, please come to the service desk.
- All materials made be freely viewed in the library reading room.
- Book detection system
- Book detection system(BDS) is set in the entrance.
- When the alarm is ringing, please follow the indication of the staff.
Loan Limits & Period
|BOOKs||Loan Limits||Loan Period||Renewal|
|Faculty members||3 vols||2 weeks||Once|
|Graduate Students||5 vols||2 weeks||Once|
|Staff||Book for Students||50 vols||1 weeks||–|
- Loan Limits: 3 vols
- Temporary Loan Long enough to make copies only
- Overnight: 15:00 (18:00 for new materials) ～ 10:30 next day
- The loan period for journals cannot be extended.
|Book of Students||1F (South)|
Classification of Materials
- Medical Science Materials
- General Materials (those other than medical science materials)
|New||2F (On the shelves in front of the office. Displayed for 1 week after arrival.)|
|1983 – Present||M2F (All shelves: a(ア)→n(ン), A→Z, other)|
|1975 – 1982||1F (Hand-operated shelves: a(ア)→n(ン), A→Z, other)|
|New||2F (On the shelves in front of the office. Displayed for 1 years after arrival.)|
|1985 – Present||2F (North shelves: A→Z)|
|1975 – 1984||･1F (Electrically-operated shelves: A→Z)|
The OPAC system (located on 2F in front of the counter) enables you to access all books and periodicals housed in the university’s facilities.
Materials received prior to April 1986 are not included in the data base. To search these materials, please use the card catalogs located next to the office.
Literature Located in This Facility
Please use the coin operated copy machines.
Literature Located in Other Facilities
Please complete an “Application for Copying of Literature” and make your request at the circulation desk. A fee of 30 – 50 yen per page will be assessed, and it will take from 1 – 2 weeks for the materials to arrive at this facility.
- Please keep the rules and follow instructions of the staff. In case of a person who breaks the rules would be refused to use the library.
- Please do not write in and break the library materials.
- In the library, please be quiet and do not bother other users.
Prohibited matters in this library：
- Food and drink.
- Chat on a cell-phone.
- If you do not understand how to use this library, please ask to the staff freely.